Plantman Equipment is a privately owned WA company servicing the mining, earthmoving and construction industries nationally with rental and sales equipment. Plantman have two purpose built workshops located in Midland and offer competitive hourly rates.
Our Midland site has a vacancy for an experienced and enthusiastic Heavy Duty Fitter to join our Rental and Build teams. Ability to work overtime is essential.
The Heavy duty Fitter is responsible for providing mechanical expertise in relation to operations of heavy duty vehicle machinery, as directed by the Workshop Manager and/or Service Manager, through high standards in service, quality, consistency, communication and professionalism.
Duties may include:
- Repair/service and assembly of new and existing machines.
- Mechanical, hydraulic and electrical diagnosis and repairing of faults.
- Carry out all required minor and major services.
- Carry out maintenance and component replacements.
- Accurate completion of documentation including time-sheets and maintenance requests.
- Other duties as directed.
- Compliance and adherence to business processes, targets and objectives.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety stipulations and duty of care.
- Prepare to work on site when required.
- HD plant mechanic (Australian qualifications)
- Minimum 3 years post apprenticeship experience.
- Experience on Caterpillar earthmoving equipment.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Hold a current drivers licence with HR endorsement.
- Must have forklift licence.
- Must have own reliable transport and tools.
- Must be able to pass medical, drug and alcohol tests.
- Must be proactive, safety and solutions focused.
- Able to work outside metro area and in North West.
Applications will not be considered unless all Selection Criteria is met. Please include copies of all current licences.