Plantman Equipment is a privately owned WA company servicing the mining, earthmoving and construction industries nationally with rental and sales equipment. Plantman have two purpose built workshops located in Midland and offer competitive hourly rates.
Our Midland site has a vacancy for an experienced and enthusiastic Truck Mechanic to join our Rental and Build teams, for maintaining and servicing on and off highway service trucks, crane trucks and other equipment. Overtime available.
The Truck Mechanic is responsible for providing mechanical expertise in relation to operations of machinery, as directed by the Workshop Manager, through high standards in service, quality, consistency, communication and professionalism.
Duties may include:
- Repairs and servicing of on highway trucks
- Mechanical, hydraulic and electrical diagnosis and repairing of faults.
- Carry out all required minor and major services.
- Carry out maintenance and component replacements.
- Accurate completion of documentation including inspections, time-sheets and parts ordering.
- Other duties as directed.
- Compliance and adherence to business processes, targets and objectives.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety stipulations and duty of care.
- Be prepared to work on site when required.
- Truck mechanic Australian qualifications
- Minimum 3 years post apprenticeship experience.
- Experience on MAN, Mack and Isuzu road equipment.
- Hold a current drivers licence with HR endorsement (preferred).
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must supply own tools.
- Must be able to pass medical, drug and alcohol tests.
- Must be proactive, safety and solutions focused.
Applications will not be considered unless all Selection Criteria is met. Please include copies of all current licences.