Cat Track Dozer undergoing a major overhaul
Plantman Equipment undertook the project of breathing a second life into a Caterpillar D10T Track Dozer at its heavy equipment workshop in Perth, allowing the equipment to provide a further strong return on investment.
Job Brief: 2nd Life Refurbishment
Date: November 2015
Location: Perth Western Australia
Equipment: Caterpillar D10T Track Dozer
Project Length: 6 Weeks
Completed Cat D10T Dozer following Refurbishment
Ripper assembly about to undergo overhaul
Plantman Equipment was contacted by a major Australian earthmoving contractor to undertake a complete refurbishment of the CAT D10T Dozer undercarriage, ripper assembly and dozer blade, together with a detailed service of its major engine components and a recondition of its operator cabin.
Having reached a successful end of its first life following over 15,000 hours working in the North West of Australia within a high abrasive and hard impact working environment, the Client requested Plantman undertake the service and refurbishment to extend the machines operational life and effectiveness.
Plantman undertook a detailed mechanical review of the equipment requiring a significant dismantle and investigation of the dozer, then with agreement by the Client, a firm cost and completion date was defined and the job was commenced.
Reconditioning of Track Undercarriage
The equipment then underwent the agreed scope of work, with all repairs and servicing being carried out by trained Plantman heavy duty equipment mechanics at its custom built workshop facility in Bellevue Perth, Western Australia.
Designed for quality and cleanliness, the workshop includes enclosed undercover work bays, specialist overhead cranes, and a drive in paint booth.
On Time – On Budget
Following joint Work In Progress (WIP) inspections with the Client, the overhauled dozer was successfully completed on-budget and within the agreed 6 week project schedule, allowing the machine to transition back into full operation quickly and with minimal disruption to the Clients project schedule.
The rebuild criteria and procedures used during the works both met and exceeded the manufacture’s recommended process. Additional safety, quality & functionality specifications were also met to achieve both the WA Mine Regulations and Plantman Equipment’s ISO:9001 Quality certification requirements.
Works Completed on CAT D10T Track Dozer
Dozer undercarriage during two-pack re-spray
Dozer Tracks being positioned for reassembly
- Major 2,000hr Engine Service including review of Diesel Engine, Transmission, Torque Converter and Final Drive.
- Extensive Undercarriage Refurnish including:
- Crack & Weld Testing of Track Frames & Cannons
- Machined & Overhauled the Stabiliser Bar
- Dozer Blade Repairs
- AS1554 Coded Welding
- Ripper Assembly Refurbish including:
- Bore Welding and Line Boring
- Overhauled Pivot Shaft
- Operator Cabin Recondition including replacement of Cabin Mounts
- Replaced electrical harnesses to major locations
- Replaced Major Hydraulic Hoses
- Recertify AFFF Fire Suppression
- Recondition Auto Lube Unit
- Recondition Air Conditioning Unit
- Exterior body rubbed back, primed and two-pack CAT yellow paint applied
- Refitting of corporate logos, safety warnings and machine operation instructions.
At the completion of the works the refurbished dozer was covered by Plantman’s Parts & Labour Warranty, and will have a complimentary site visit by one of Plantman’s diesel mechanics after 30 days to carry out a field inspection and re-tensioning of the tracks.
Completed Cat D10T Dozer
Key Client Benefits
- Comprehensive review, repair and assembly carried out in one location;
- All works completed on-site by trained and certified Plantman Equipment staff;
- Timing and budget schedules agreed to and met for greater budget control;
- Professional and multi-function workshop facilities provided high quality and clean works;
- WA Mine Specification and ISO certified quality standards adhered to;
- Confidence in completed works with cover from Plantman’s warranties and field support.